WELCOME TO OUR NEW LOCATION at THE BARN - Beginning August 5 with Teisho.
1360 Sumac Avenue
More to come on location, parking, and entering the zendo for our first practice morning and Teisho on SUNDAY, AUGUST 5. We will resume our Monday afternoon sittings 3:30 - 5 on MONDAY, AUGUST 6!
We are grateful for Bill Karelis and A Place to Sit sangha for all of the exquisite support for allowing us to house our sangha practice here for so many months.
The Boulder Morningstar Zen Center: A Revelation of Endless Vow
SUMMER PRACTICE PERIOD
BEGINS MONDAY JULY 2, 2018
Opening the Barn Teisho, August 5, 2018
ZAZEN and KINHIN*
(*sitting practice and walking meditation)
- MONDAY afternoons 3:30pm - 5:00 pm, arrive by 3:15pm. Zazen and kinhin:
1360 Sumac Avenue
- THURSDAY mornings 7:00am - 8:15am, arrive by 6:45am. Zazen, kinhin, and short Q and A with Roshi:
The Meditation Place
324 Main Street
Longmont, Colorado (E. alley entrance (parking lot off Kimbark, entry in front of you.)
We appreciate your consideration of donation to maintain our practice venues of $5 - 10 per meditation session.
Sunday Morning Teisho with Roshi Sanchi Reta Lawler
SUNDAY, Aug 5, 9:00am - 11:00am
Join Roshi Sanchi Reta Lawler and the Morningstar Sangha for opening practice and Teisho with Roshi Sanchi Reta at our new practice venue—THE BARN, 1360 Sumac in North Boulder. An announcement will come soon as to parking considerations and entering the zendo.
EXTENDED PRACTICE OPPORTUNITIES:
- Celebrating with Bill Karelis and A Place to Sit Sangha: Thursday evening, July 26, 6:45 at A PLACE TO SIT. Come offer gratitude and celebration with our host sangha in saying good-bye.
- FILM NIGHT on Monday evening, July 30 (no afternoon practice that day), 6:30 - 8:30. An announcement to rsvp with N. Boulder location of event will come next week.
- DRUMMING CIRCLE on evening of Tuesday evening, Aug. 14, 8:00 - 9:00 pm in N.Boulder location. A full announcement will come soon for rsvp. A night to open our bodies and energies to the heartbeat of the Mother Drum and to add our percussive spirits to deep resonance with the Earth. OUTDOORS!
October 2018: Autumn Sesshin
December 2018: Rohatsu
DETAILS FOR REGISTRATION WILL COME SOON.
** Please arrive no later than 15 minutes before each practice period begins. If you are needing instruction, contact the BMZC webmail to schedule a meeting to speak with Roshi Sanchi Reta.
**REMEMBER to consider the necessary support for those who so graciously offer their space for the Boulder Morningstar Practice. Suggested Donation is $5-10 for daily zazen practice, and $15 for Teisho mornings. Otherwise, everyone is ALWAYS welcome to join our practice regardless of capacity to support.
COME BE WITH US!
Thanks to everyone who has joined our practice!
And, thank you to our Friends at A PLACE TO SIT, THE BARN, and THE MEDITATION PLACE who so graciously offers us this space to practice Dharma.